Rees Astley's Technology and Communications experts understand that there are multiple areas of potential risk in this industry and that failure or breach can have far-reaching consequences on a company's reputation and those of its clients that rely on the services provided.
Working with clients across the Technology industry our Team of Technology experts have the broad insight needed to understand your business, create your technology insurance programme to meet your business needs, advise of new risks and provide knowledgeable support if something goes wrong.
Regardless of how big your business is or whether you are starting up or well established, our Technology Experts can provide competitively priced insurance for (but not limited to):
- Software developers
- Data centres
- Internet service providers
- Software development and testing services
- Communication Service Providers
- IT Consultants
On top of standard insurance cover, for example Employee Liability and Public Liability, we also offer:
- Professional Indemnity –the UK is the Libel and Slander litigation capital of the world. Disputes and litigation in the technology industry are a common occurrence and there are many different ways that you can find yourself in complex situation with a third party following unintentional actions. Some examples include:
- breach of a contract
- sharing confidential or sensitive information without agreement
- making a mistake or inadvertently giving bad advice Infringement
Whatever your involvement in the IT Industry we can protect your business against the cost of settling or defending a client's claim.
- Cyber Liability – whilst you cannot anticipate or prevent all hacks to your business, you can covers against losses to your own business and those of your customers from damage to and loss of information from IT systems and networks caused by hacking
- Intellectual Property Rights - protects your valuable code from copyright infringement claims arising out of your company's operation. Intellectual Property Rights insurance will pay the defence costs and any judgement up to your policy limits
- Fidelity guarantee – insures against losses arising from staff dishonesty and theft
- Business Interruption – protect your business against customer losses incurred as the result of unplanned outages such as a power cut or system downtime.